“South Baltic Small Ports as Gateways towards Integrated Sustainable European Transport System and Blue Growth by Smart Connectivity Solutions”
within the frame of the South Baltic Programme 2014–2020 (ERDF part-financed)
Waterborn transport represents a very important part of the European economy and ports play an undisputable role in its growth. Whilst most of the attention concentrates on the big and busy core ports, the smaller ones (which in the South Baltic Region represent 66% of all ports) try to improve their position on the market despite many difficulties and problems. The challenges faced by small ports are related to small freight volumes, missing smart specialisation, out-dated infrastructure, poor investments and a lack of new business models that could contribute to blue and green growth.
The Connect2SmallPorts project tries to help South Baltic small ports in reaching a satisfactory growth level by introducing tailor-made digitalization strategies. Getting on the digitalization path should help them compete and provide to the sustainable development of the respective regions.
ACTIVITIES IN THE SEED MONEY PROJECT
1. Mobilise & integrate supply and demand side – Connect small ports’ operators, authorities, transport infrastructure and ICT planners and managers to develop cluster strategy.
2. Learn & Exchange – Integrate all actors to exchange, do peer learning, learn from core ports, be trained as well as apply best practices.
3. Design & Confirm – Pilot improvement solutions will be designed in reference to targeting technical and ITC interoperability, improved co-modality and hinterland accessibility as well as port management systems.
4. Test & Future Transfer - Implementation of designed pilot solution, testing and transferring the results in the network.
5. Sustain & Internationalise - Organisation of roadshows and sharing of best practices from the implemented 5 pilots in the region. Developing potential transfer plans an internationalisation actions.
TIME FRAME 01.07.2018 – 30.06.2021
PROJECT BUDGET € 2 005 600,00
Lead Partner: Hochschule Wismar, Germany
Klaipeda Science and Technology Park, Lithuania
Motus Foundation, Poland
Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
INWL Insitute for Sustainable Economics and Logistics, Germany
Seaport Wismar, Germany
NPPE Klaipeda Shipping Research Centre, Lithuania
Klaipeda State Seaport Authority, Lithuania
Port of Karlskrona, Sweden
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION